I Am The Sorcerer King chapter 38
“Oh, water… Oppa, give me some water,” Min Ye Young moaned exhausted.
“ Uh-ooh, yeah, now, wait. ” Song Hoon, of course, was also a little tired.
The guy got up, went to the refrigerator and brought water for himself and his student. Then he helped her up and they headed to the basement mana training room.
Ye Yeon followed him, swaying slightly with fatigue. When she saw the room, she was surprised how much her strength allowed her.
“Wow … what is all this?” She asked, looking around in amazement.
“This is the place for your training,” the mage explained. “Sit here in the meditation posture.
– What? – she clearly did not know how it is.
“Sit like this,” the wizard showed.
Min Ye Yeon looked at him and nodded. She went to him and sat down next to him, having done everything right.
“What I’m going to teach you is called” body strengthening technique, “Song Hoon decided to explain everything in detail.
– “Body strengthening technique”? – the girl obediently repeated.
“The awakened use mana for their skills, right? When mana affects the body, it turns into physical strength. It is also called “aura”. If you have this power, then it gives your body a great strengthening. The level of gain depends on how much you train. Your defense can become much better than that of the tank, and your attack is greater than that of the damage dealer.
– You’re a healer. In your case, if you master the technique of strengthening the body, then you can heal yourself in the process of hunting monsters. You can become someone between a damage dealer and a healer. It won’t work as a tank, – the guy continued to explain.
– Why? You said the protection would also increase, right? Min Ye Young didn’t understand.
– Is it only protection that makes you a tank? Other abilities are also needed.
– A provocation! – the girl guessed.
A skill that allows you to take possession of the mind of a monster and draw its attention only to the tank. Without this ability, supports and damage dealers would die immediately at the beginning of the battle.
This is why tanks and healers are so important. In particular, tanks accept a monster’s attack with their bodies. But no matter how high their defense is, it, oddly enough, does not completely protect them from damage. Tanks can be injured or even killed. There are few people who can completely overcome the fear of pain and death.
Therefore, among the Awakened with tank abilities, there are many who abandoned such a life, so this is a dangerous role. Constantly putting yourself in danger is simply psychologically difficult.
Although, of course, everyone else may suffer, not only tanks, and this is natural. When fighting a monster, you put your life on the line. This is not a safe activity at all.
– Well, now …
Song Hoon got up from his seat, walked over to Min Ye Young and put his hand on her head.
– Do not strain. I start.
– A? What’s starting … “The curious girl fell silent in mid-sentence as Song Hoon signaled her to be silent with his hand.
– Transfer of knowledge.
With a flash, light began to radiate from his hand. Min Ye Young’s pupils swelled and her face froze.
– Oppa, what is it? Huh? .. Strange memories, so suddenly … Eh? – a stream of exclamations and questions rained down one after another.
“Concentrate,” the magician raised his finger up. – This is one of my skills. I pass on my knowledge to you.
– Wow, seriously? Incredible!
Min Ye Yeon seemed elated. Seeing her reaction, Sung Hoon chuckled. In his actions, he did not see anything special, because in his past life it was very common.
Psychological magic is possible even with the first rank, and from the third it can be used with such methods.
“But if you don’t memorize all this, you will forget very quickly,” the magician warned his student. – These memories will fade, so you need to remember everything well. The knowledge will remain for about six hours.
“Wow … It would be very useful in exams,” Min Ye Young was always ready to joke.
– Stop chatting and start. Do you know what to do? – the magician wanted her to take his words as seriously as possible.
– A? Yes, I get it, oppa. Wait…
Min Ye Young closed her eyes and the energy of golden light began to form around her body.
Naturally. If you control your mana well, then you can handle the aura too.
The problem was more time and talent. A talent in learning mana and using mana to fortify yourself are two different things.
Wondering how fast Min Ye Yeon can handle it?
– It really works! – said the girl in an admiring whisper.
“Of course,” Sung Hoon grinned. – Do you see a system message?
– Yes Yes! The skill points of the technique of strengthening the body and aura were added. Wow … It really works! Then I am now multi-capable? – Ye Yeon was thrilled.
– Of course. But you have to consolidate everything with training, remember this, ” Song Hoon raised his thumb up. “By the way, training in my house gives the best results,” he immediately added.
– Is it because of the design of this room? Min Ye Young guessed.
– Impressive … – the girl looked around again.
She was obviously impressed.
– So, let’s continue. First, you need to reach the value of the aura of one hundred units before doing anything. This is the base. You also need to learn certain techniques and art of mastering the aura.
– Yes OK. I will try, – now she believed in new opportunities and was ready to follow all the orders of the teacher.
– Well. By completing all of this, you will become my ally.
Min Ye Yeon’s eyes were filled with determination. Classes continued.
The rest of the team also contacted him. Team Alpha signed contracts with him, and he began to teach them techniques for strengthening the body.
In fact, he could have taught them magic as well, but it is still worth thinking about, so he only taught them this technique, because it was easier.
And the terms of the contract were acceptable:
– it is prohibited to disclose any information obtained in the course of training;
– become his team, and continue to act in a friendly way;
– do not betray him.
In fact, the power of the contract is so great that even if they want to break these rules, they simply cannot do it.
The strength of the contract also affects thinking. Therefore, thoughts of betrayal should not arise. Of course, there are exceptions, but if this happens, the offender becomes a slave as a fine.
The magic of the contract is so powerful. After all, the devils do not just enter into an agreement with mortals.
Song Hoon practiced with his students during his studies. Training is very important, nobody can relax, and neither can he. Sleep one hour a day, the rest of the time train hard.
It’s been two weeks since clearing the first dungeon.
They are in training right now.
Everyone is sitting in a pose with their fists extended. The stance looked like something from modern martial arts, however, this is a martial art using an aura. In his past life it was called “The Hand That Breaks Steel.” Then, with the help of this art, he really tore the iron with his bare hands.
[The skill “Body Strengthening Technique – Dragon’s Heart” operates without the support of the system.
The skill level is constantly growing.
Skill “Body Strengthening Technique – Dragon’s Heart” increased by 1.]
The system immediately recognized that he conducted the training independently. It upset him, but it can’t be helped.
The wizard lifted his leg abruptly, and the air seemed to split in two. He continued his shadow boxing. Mana is accumulated in the body, transforming into an aura.
[The time has come! The time has come!]
At some point, an alert sound sounded. This meant that the training time was over.
– Fuh … System window.
He stopped and looked at his status.
[Name: Lee Sung Hoon
Profession: Wizard – trainee
Level Granted: 43
Physical Strength: 115 (78 + 37)
Stamina: 112 (75 + 37)
Dexterity: 109 (73 + 37)
Mana: 529 (322 + 130 + 37)
Luck: 72 (35 + 37)
Features: Has knowledge of another system.]
Pretty spectacular. Three of his indicators have increased greatly. With the use of the aura, he achieved stats that were three times the abilities of a normal Awakened One.
Now his body was at the level of a pure person. Actually, it is not the power given by the Akasha system, but he himself has reached this level.
“Is this all at the expense of money?”
Of course, at the expense of money. This is all real only because there is money. Especially thanks to those five hundred billion won crystals he requested in exchange for clearing five level 1 dungeons.
Add to this the amount he received by selling the body of the slain monster boss for five billion won, although he believed that this price could be higher. In fact, if you compare with the danger of that dungeon, the cost of the bodies of the monster bosses is not that great.
– So, now …
Now what? Mana training, of course! We must not forget about them. You need to train every day to …
Take your phone, take your phone, take your phone!
“What a weird new ringtone.”
With such thoughts, he picked up the phone. Lee Gi Suk called him.
– Yes, executive director.
– How are you? Did you have a good rest?
– Well, like this. What did you call? Is the next dungeon decided? – Song Hoon got straight to the point.
“Yes,” confirmed Lee Gi Suk. – The next dungeon is in the Gangnam area.
– Do you have information about the interior situation? The magician asked.
“No one came back from the first group, and we didn’t send anyone else,” the executive director sounded with regret.
– So, there is no information, – summed up the wizard. – By the way, after clearing this dungeon, can we go to New York?
– Do you accept a job offer from America? – said Lee Gi Suk.
“It costs nothing to accept it. Isn’t the problem something else? – the hint was very transparent.
We’ll have to go all the way to America. He couldn’t travel for a standard fee.
“My terms are crystals worth one trillion won,” the magician announced his price. – They will be able to provide such?
He named the cost twice as high as in Korea. In Korea, it was necessary to clear several dungeons for five hundred billion, and in America only one for a trillion.
In fact, he was worried if his offer would be accepted.
korean novel I Am Sorcerer King 38