I Am The Sorcerer King chapter 23
Sung Hoon stared at the alert in front of his eyes with furrowed brows. Around the world, incidents similar to those in the Sogyedong area began to occur. Portals were opened in places where peaceful people lived. And from the portals, as expected, dangerous monsters began to crawl out.
America, China, England, Germany and many other countries – there were more than two hundred. The world’s population was approaching seven billion, so wherever you go, there will be people almost everywhere.
In the past, portals usually opened outside the areas where people lived, but now everything has changed dramatically.
– The situation seems to be out of control.
Song Hoon literally heard the scream of the entire world. With the help of the instinct that is inherent in wizards, the guy felt that something terrible was happening.
And at the same time he heard a strange noise.
It rang out in the yard of his house. A black spot began to appear in its very center.
– Portal in my yard? Well, this is too much … – muttered the guy, opening the door to the backyard. – How noisy he is. We should shut him up.
The guy cast a spell that removes sounds.
– Well. That way, Mom won’t hear anything, let her sleep while she sleeps, ” Sung Hoon said as he stood in front of the ever-expanding portal.
[The first rank dungeon is open. Only Players up to level 50 can login.]
– Wow, is there a level limit? Sung Hoon wondered after reading the notification.
Suddenly there was a rustle, and then an unpleasant sound, as if scratching with a nail on metal. The hunter turned his head towards the source of the noise.
– Khy-ryk! Khy-ryk!
A monster emerged from the portal. This was the first time Sung Hoon had seen this. The creature outwardly resembled a praying mantis, only now it was the size of a very large truck.
In appearance his body was quite agile, and indeed, he seemed very hardy. Although, upon seeing him, Sung Hoon was not particularly surprised, because what in the world does not happen, especially in portals.
Light gathered in the magician’s hands, which later turned into a shield.
The monster, which looked like a praying mantis, immediately rushed in his direction. The distance between them was reduced to no more than five meters, but the wizard was unperturbed.
– Mana Shield!
A magical wall instantly formed in front of Song Hoon. The monster ran into this obstacle with a run and jumped back with a yell.
The monster fell. The electric current from the magic wand hit the mantis and burned it.
– Ue-e-ek! – there was a prolonged cry of the guest from the portal.
– No, lightning is too much. Something else is needed …
Although the mantis was in great pain, it was still alive. Song Hoon stood in front of the monster and took his wand again.
– Physical influence of consciousness!
A strange glow appeared on the guy’s body and then disappeared. At that moment, another monster appeared.
Before he could take a couple of steps from the portal, his neck was twisted with a crunch. The visitor’s body fell to the ground like a broken toy.
– It turns out psychokinesis is very convenient, – the guy laughed. “If you twist their necks in this way, then the corpse will remain unharmed. It’s just gorgeous! Ha ha ha!
Satisfied with the result, Sung Hoon raised his wand again. His body began to glow with mana.
“How dare you invade my house so unceremoniously? The hunter said, looking around.
An unfinished mantis monster appeared in front of him, covered in burns. Suddenly it flashed with a bright light. This time his neck was also collapsed and he fell to the ground with a loud roar.
“Wow, I can hunt just standing still,” the guy grinned. – Who is next?
This time, two praying mantises jumped out of the portal at once. And before they even had time to collide with the mana shield, they suddenly stopped, because their necks immediately broke. The monsters also fell to the ground.
– I will kill you all and disassemble for materials!
The archmage laughed mercilessly as he held his wand.
– Here too.
– Damn … Hey, come here!
Two guys, dressed in normal clothes, but surrounded by mana, walked around the streets.
Not far from them lay the corpses of monsters that resembled Velociraptors, which they neatly lined up.
Unfortunately, not only dead monsters were lying around. Corpses of people were everywhere.
An hour has passed since the portal was opened. At the moment, the monsters have already stopped climbing out of it, but this hour brought a lot of losses.
– Your mother … How many people died?
– It is necessary to calculate. There was just a crowd of people here when the portal opened.
– Damn, it’s good that I’m here.
“There were many Awoken here and besides you.
– Well, few people are able to fight with their bare hands, like me, – the guy shrugged.
He was a young man in his twenties, rather good-looking. The guy was dressed in a casual style. All of his clothes were covered in splashes of monster blood.
The young boy who spoke to him was dressed in jeans and an open plaid shirt over a white T-shirt. A glow emanated from his hands.
It was a tank, or possibly a damage dealer along with a healer. They looked like friends.
– Did the system say anything about this?
– Nope, I myself have no idea.
The two guys were looking at the portal.
– When was the last monster?
“About twenty minutes ago.
– Hmm … Do you think that’s all?
– I do not know. But we’ve done our job, haven’t we? Damn, I came here to rest, but I got this …
– No need to say. This is just some shit.
They talked for a long time. At this time, several more people gathered not far from them and also began to discuss what had happened.
The awakened ones who had come to have fun on Hongdae stopped the incident. But they did not do it perfectly.
There were many dead and wounded.
– Oh sh * t … Let’s pray for the souls of the lost.
Heeler crossed himself, lowering the bodies to the ground. Yet he was a Christian.
– Is that all?
Garden next to a huge house.
On one side of it lay an unimaginable number of mantis-like monster corpses. The sight was terrifying, a single glance would be enough for an ordinary person to be horrified.
But there was no blood under the corpses. Anyway, there were no splashes or blood stains anywhere. This was due to Song Hoon killing them by breaking their necks.
– Did they stop after an hour?
It seems that during this time everyone who was there got out of the portal.
“ Hmmm … Should we close it or not? ” Seong Hoon squinted at the portal.
He decided what to do next by tapping his wand.
As a great magician in the past, he knew a lot about doors to another dimension. If necessary, he can close this portal.
– It won’t hurt to explore it … Maybe leave it open?
Song Hoon looked back after seeing the house there. And not only him, it is also his mother’s house.
– No. You cannot leave such a threat on the doorstep.
He took his wand. A stream of mana immediately formed around him.
[Skill “Space Incursion” gained.
Measurement Intervention skill acquired.
The skill “Sacred land of the wizard” is acquired.
Mastery “Connect Magic” acquired.]
Several alerts have appeared.
Mana Sung Hoon wrapped herself in a whirlwind, just like in a painting by Van Gogh, and began to influence the portal.
It was not visible to the eye, but the blast wave seemed to envelop the portal. After that, something unexpected happened: a spark formed near the portal and began to sparkle.
– Next time, at least knock before you break into someone else’s house!
A huge spark flared up, and the black spot began to shrink. Then it finally turned into a point, after which it completely disappeared.
[Forced closing of the portal.
Completed achievement [First Closed Dimension Portal]
Achievement [First Closed Dimension Portal] :
All abilities: +10
Created 10 inventory spots.
Achievement completed [Making the Impossible Possible]
Achievement [Made the Impossible Possible]
All abilities: +20
Full mana regeneration once per day.
Attention! Because of an incident, the system is monitoring you.]
– What? Is the system watching me? Ah ha ha! Song Hoon laughed out loud. – Didn’t she watch before? Oh, I don’t think she’s omnipotent.
Subspace Skill acquired.
Subspace skill combined with inventory.
The system is watching you.]
– Hey, this is my subspace, do not go to it! Inventory is a function of the system, and subspace is my skill. Do not try to combine them!
[You received a Gold Box as a reward for the Subspace skill.]
– The gold box? What is this?
Song Hoon thought about it before, but immediately dismissed the thought.
– We need to finish here first. Recovery!
Above the mountain of corpses, a black space opened: a large door, similar to the portal that had appeared earlier.
The funnel began to suck in the bodies of the monsters, and after a while not a single corpse remained in the garden.
In an instant, the garden returned to its previous form.
– Oh, it all fell on me like snow on my head. Moreover, this reaction of the system …
[The system is watching you!]
“ Yes, yes, I get it, watch as long as you want, ” said Song Hoon. – One day I will regain all my strength. And I don’t care who you are, God or not, but I will find you.
Song Hoon returned to the living room in a great mood.
korean novel I Am Sorcerer King 23